Health Professional Advice Line
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 6 pm
The State of Vermont is offering you care and service coordination services to help you understand your health conditions and how to take better care of yourself. The Department of Vermont Health Access (You may know us as Medicaid, Dr. Dynasaur, VHAP, or PCPlus) has teamed up with APS Healthcare to offer the Vermont Chronic Care Initiative. This initiative is free to you.
To improve the quality of care delivered to you, we have a team of nurses, social workers and care coordinators. They will be working to assist with communication between you, your healthcare provider and other caregivers. Additionally, our team can:
- Help you get the care and services you need. These services can help you stay as healthy as possible.
- Help you better understand what your doctor has told you about your health needs.
- Teach you how to handle sudden changes in your health. Our team will also help you to make decisions on what to do next. This can help lessen the impact of sudden changes in your health.
- Help you better understand the types of medications you are taking and teach you how to take them correctly.
- Help you find resources in your community that can be helpful to you and your family. These resources may include housing, medical equipment providers and pharmacies.
We look forward to talking with you soon. You may reach APS Healthcare by calling toll free at 1-866-900-5004. If you are hearing impaired, please call using Relay 711.
For additional information on Vermont Health Access and Vermont State programs, please go to http://dvha.vermont.gov.